1. Data Protection Policy
The Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA) governs the collection, use, disclosure and care of personal data. Habitat for Humanity Singapore recognises that the privacy of your personal data is important to you. We are committed to treating all personal data with due confidentiality, in accordance with the relevant data protection laws and general privacy provisions of Singapore. Habitat for Humanity Singapore's Data Protection Policy Guidelines aims to standardise how we collect, use, share and protect your personal data.
In this policy, "Personal Data" refers to information or an opinion, whether true or not, about
you that can be used to identify you:
(a) from that data; or
(b) from other information to which we have or are likely to have access,
including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
2. Collection of Personal Data (all forms to include PDPA clauses):
Habitat for Humanity Singapore collects personal data that is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, its function and activities as a provider of healthier, safer and affordable housing.
These are some of the ways we may collect your data:
1. When you visit our website and online marketing campaigns;
2. When you subscribe to our mailing lists and newsletters;
3. When you donate to our organisation, register for our services or participate in any of our campaigns, events or programmes;
4. When you interact with any of our employees, interns, volunteers, board and committee members (for example, via telephone calls, letters, emails, face-to-face meetings, and social media platforms);
5. When you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
3. Usage of Personal Data
Habitat for Humanity Singapore will retain and use personal data it collects for the
1. To contact, inform and update you about any programmes or events you have registered for;
2. To respond to your enquiries pertaining to our events and/or programmes;
3. To facilitate your participation in activities for which you have registered
4. To facilitate the collection of donations, process donations and administer tax receipts
for eligible donations;
5. To manage relationships with you (including but not limited to sending of thank you letters and collaterals such as newsletters, annual reports and donation forms);
6. To use your data to the extent required and relevant to your volunteer experience;
7. To record your participation for purposes such as legal and auditing requirements;
8. To market our programmes and events;
9. To comply with any requirements by law.
Sometimes we use third parties to facilitate our programmes and initiatives. In such cases, we would work in close collaboration with such third parties, and adopt appropriate security measures to protect your personal data. Examples of these include, but is not limited to, transport, travel services, accommodation, and medical. Habitat for Humanity Singapore will make all reasonable endeavours to comply with the minimum requirements of the PDPA.
5. Data Security
Habitat for Humanity Singapore generally holds your personal data in an electronic form on computer servers which are password protected for limited access. However, we may sometimes also hold personal data in physical form, such as in paper hard copies. While
Habitat for Humanity Singapore cannot guarantee any loss, misuse or alteration to data, we take reasonable steps to prevent such occurrences.
6. Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of Personal Data
Under the PDPA, you may contact us at any time if you:
1. Have any questions or feedback relating to your personal data or our Data Protection Policy;
2. Would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your personal data as set out in our Data Protection Policy; or
3. Would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records.
Such queries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org to update the CRM/Database.